Sunday, June 22, 2008

What's in a name? Nothing, really.

Why 3+3 you ask? Or maybe you don’t, because I doubt anyone is actually reading this. Well, for the one person who might stumble across this sometime I’ll tell you (and of course you, #4). I turned 33 today. I’ve wanted to start a blog for a while (in fact I have started 2 or 3 already but haven’t maintained them) and while it’s not the big 4-0 (which, btw, I think it is ridiculously silly that we consider 40 old and need black balloons and stupid jokes of being over the hill…your age is your age…you can’t do anything about it, and 40 is NOT old…get used to it) it’s about time I start acting on some of my ideas and passions and get myself out of this funk. What better way than to start a(nother) blog? What funk is that, you ask? The funk of being so frustrated with things like global warming, plastic, poverty, war, politics, work, annoyingly ignorant people…I could go on, but I think you get the point (if you don’t you probably won’t like this blog – thanks for stopping by though!)…I’m so frustrated and poor #4 has to listen to me bitch about it every day. Of course, I could just write stuff in my journal/notebook…the notebook that I carry with me in my bag every damn day but rarely ever open…or, I could hold myself (more) accountable by putting everything (well, not everything) on a blog where the whole world (or just you, the person reading this right now, who stumbled across this blog I don’t know how) could see it. There’s something about knowing that there is a possibility that others will see it that somehow, in my weird mind, makes me feel more accountable and that just maybe I am doing my little part, because while I may be frustrated, I know there are actions, even little ones, all of us can do to ease the frustrations and make a difference (cheesy? Yes. But true) – that, and maybe if I’m posting it for the world to see #4 won’t have to deal with my annoying rants every day! Anyways, back to what I was saying…what was that…oh yeah, why 3+3? Well duh, I’m 33 today…and um, well, I thought about calling it “33things” but that was already taken by someone who hasn’t posted, by the way, since 2004…kind of funny since it’s a blog about 33 things they wanted to do before they died…and they didn’t even get to the list in all 2 posts that they made! Maybe they realized they didn’t really want to do anything before dying…hmm. But why does it equal 33 (3+3 that is)? Hell if I know…it’s just what I came up with, ok? I’d like to say it has some deeper or more creative meaning, but I’d be lying…and I don’t like lying. At all.

So there you have it…kind of. To be quite frank, I have no clue about this whole blog thing. Heck, I spend a lot of time reading other peoples’, but when it comes to authoring my own, I have no clue what I’m doing…so bare with me…yes, I’m talking to you, whoever you are. I promise, it won’t be all complaining…I’m passionate about a lot of things, and many of those are wonderful causes I think more people should know about…

Please come back and visit again…oh and leave a comment too, if you please!

1 comment:

Isla Deb said...

Great beginning to your blog, #33! I have added it to my list of "Blogs I Read." Now you HAVE to keep going! Would like to see some pics, though! (Sooo glad you had a great birthday!)