Thursday, July 31, 2008

Last I checked, I don't live in Alaska

So why is it then that it is July 31st and I am sitting here at my desk wearing long pants, tennis shoes, a long sleeved t-shirt, and TWO (yes, you heard me right, 2) fleece jackets and on my 3rd cup of hot tea? Why? Why people?

And no, the answer isn't just that I live in Seattle and the weather right now is cloudy and below average. The truly sad part is that this is NORMAL for my office...well, at least in my corner of the office.

Seriously, I don't even know why I bother caring about what I put on my upper half in the morning. I can't remember the last time I didn't wear the fleece jacket that stays at my desk. I could wear a shirt that says "This place sucks" or nothing at all for that matter and no one would be any the wiser because I ALWAYS have a jacket on...I may have on a cute skirt and shoes, but yep, still have the fleece jacket on top.

Not only is it cold, it's sad.

1 comment:

Isla Deb said...

I'm always cold in my office, too. I always have a jacket. Worse yet...I miss the Ferry Tales. Will they ever come back?