Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Ferry Tales*: Never can please a Northwesterner

Overheard on this morning's commute: "What's it going to be, 80 today?" "No, I think only 78" "Oh good, I can handle that- this darn heat is just too much lately"

For those of you who live here, you know EXACTLY what I'm talking about. We Northwesterners bitch and moan all fall, winter, and spring long about how gray and rainy it is and then we get one nice day and are so excited you'd think that everyone had won the lottery...but let that "nice" day get over 80 degrees or so, or last more than 2 days, and there we are, bitching and moaning about the heat! You just can't win!

*I commute daily on the ferry and often times overhear, or experience funny, absurd, or sometimes just downright annoying things. "Ferry Tales" will be a semi-regular post featuring those things.


3 comments:

Sizzle said...

"Ferry Tales" is a great title! :-)

So true about the weather here. I didn't move here so I could sweat in front of a fan. Heh.

Thanks for commenting on my blog. I love to be alerted to new reads.

Isla Deb said...

Yeah, I'm thinkin' you Northwesterners need to spend a week or two down here in South Texas every once in awhile to experience some heat. Or, better yet, go to Mexico! In fact...I'll meet you there! I can always use an excuse to go to Mexico!

Jill said...

Deb- I never said I was one of those people complaining! :) Actually, I like the heat. Gosh, if all you need is an excuse for Mexico, let me check my calendar...z